Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blaize Nolynne - Firefighter Down, District One - Author Interview

Author Interview

1) Who is your favorite character?
Catisha Spadoni

2) Why is he/she your favorite?
I took a lot of time creating a powerful young woman who is determined as she is.

3) How did you come to create him/her?
After I got what she looked like down, I just began with the personality. I think to get her the way she is now it took me two months.

4) When did he/she first enter your mind?
Three years ago in the draft of the character.

5) Where was he/she given life in the creative process?
Almost immediately I changed the whole book to be based around her.

6) What do like the most about him/her and what do you dislike the most about him/her?
I like how she is very determined to follow her dreams and to search for answers. The thing I dislike about her would be the fact that she looses touch with people and she is a workaholic.

Book summary

Life isn't promised. When the tones go off you never know who needs you the most or even worst, who will you set your own life down for. My father was a captain who set his life down for me in a fire. Now it is my duty to find out how that fire started and who started it.

The guy that killed my father didn't just kill him in a normal way, he him with his worst nightmare. My father wasn't killed by a gang shooting or an accident, he was killed in the most painful way this person knew how to kill my father. He unleashed the animal on him and myself. I am not talking about an animal like a wild or domestic animal, I am talking about the elemental animal, the one known as fire. Fire is a living breathing thing that destroys and hates.

By day and trade my father was a mechanic, but by blood he was a firefighter. He may not have been the president, but he was my hero. I was proud to say my hero wore bunker pants. I always wanted to catch the guy that killed my father...

$29.99
Hardcover
330 pages
PublishAmerica
April 26, 2012
978-1462677528
Adult mystery/fiction/ firefighter
Amazon, Barnes and Noble, BooksAMillion

Author bio

I am a 24 year old Maine author of a book called 'Firefighter Down, District One' the beginning of a firefighter series. (the sequel will be out in 3 months.)

I always loved writing. Right out of High School I majored in becoming a children’s author at the Institute of Children’s Literature. I graduated with high honors and wonderful knowledge of writing in June 2009, and then I decided to further my studies and write for the adult age group. In December 2009 I had a picture book out under a different penname.

I began self publishing my first adult aged book called ‘District One Stand By: The Captain’s Case’ which was the beginning of a firefighter series. It had sold over 250 copies, but I wanted my readers to be able to have more access to these books so I found a publishing company. In April of 2012 the title and cover picture had changed to ‘Firefighter Down, District One’ a story about a girl whose childhood house caught on fire due to an arson. Her father, a firefighter, died in the process of saving her. Everyone seemed to have forgotten about this case and the fire marshal never pursued it. Catisha Spadoni, the main character was fresh out of high school and getting ready for business college, but instead changed gears and went to a fire academy to become a firefighter and fire investigator to begin the search of who killed her father. In the mist of all of this she is getting death threats constantly and the worst part she has no clue who is sending them.

I decided in the beginning that part of the proceeds would go to the National Fallen Firefighter Foundation and the 9-11 Fund. I may not be able to bring the loved ones people lost back, but I wanted to help in some way, so a portion of this book and I plan to do the whole series a portion will go to these foundations.

Inspiration? Well the inspiration come from the fact that my father was a volunteer firefighter for 15 years. ( No, he really didn’t die. That is a fictional part of the book. He is alive and doing well.) I had so many extended family members that were not even blood related that I was privileged enough to call my family. I learned a lot from my childhood days of growing up in the barn and that is where the love of ‘Firefighting’ began. In my mind super heroes may not have been real, but firefighters were and they had some kind of super power to me since they save lives. As I grew up I realized that they did in a sense have super powers, they had huge hearts, courage and strength to save someone they didn’t even know.

Links to connect with Blaize

http://www.facebook.com/blaizenolynne
http://www.facebook.com/blaizenolynnefan The Fan Page
http://www.twitter.com/BlaizeNolynne

No comments:

Post a Comment